1 December, 2020 at 10:05 am #28257Cazalla InterculturalKeymaster
- Can you define ‘volunteerism’ in your own words?
- What are three things someone can learn during a voluntary project?
- Does volunteerism have a touristic dimension? Is this negative and why?
- In your opinion, does volunteerism contribute to peace? If yes, how?
- Why is volunteerism unaffordable for some people? How can they get access to these opportunities?
5 December, 2020 at 2:37 pm #28370Rudaiba Adnina MalihaParticipant
For me, volunteerism is the use or involvement of volunteer labour, especially in community services.
Developing new skills, discovering new passions, gaining new insights about yourself and the world around you- volunteering covers it all.
Yes, volunteerism have a touristic dimension. And it has negative impacts also.
Obviously volunteerism contribute to peace. Because the engagement of citizens through volunteerism can be powerful promoting social cohesion and reconciliation and helping to develop national civilian positive difference to peacebuilding processes and initiatives.
Mainly volunteerism is a non formal & non profit organization but sometimes it is related with money transections that’s why it is unaffordable for some people.
5 December, 2020 at 3:11 pm #28372Nikka LouParticipant
* Volunteerism in my own point of view is that, it is simply spending yourself in such activities for free but with a happiness within your yourself that you helped someone or something without engaging returns.
* First is camaraderie, second communication skills and being compassionate to things.
* Yes it has. All things have negatives therefore we will also expect that it has negative as well.
* Yes volunteerism contributed peace because you chose to engage yourself in the preference of your likes.
* Because it is simple for free and other’s cannot afford to give their self for free that is why. They can only access these if they have empathy to others because they should know that everyone needs help but without returns things involved. They should put it always in their mind.
6 December, 2020 at 12:01 pm #28381SoniaParticipant
** Volunteerism, in my opinion, is the time , the efforts and skills dedicated by volunteers on behalf of others to respond to different community development issues.
** The most important 3 things can be learned during a voluntary project are the following:
1/ Leadership: the action of guiding and motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common goal.
2/ Communication skills: the art of mastering a language through speaking with people from different countries in the world.
3/ Creativity: by acquiring new skills and competences through either training or organizing initiatives you will think outside the box and create new innovative actions and projects.
** Actually volunteerism has a touristic dimension as we can see in the world many volunteers are practicing their services and enjoying discovering new cultures and places.
** Volunteerism is the most contributing factor in building peace because to be a volunteer you have to acquire the inner peace and then to work to reach peace in the community.
** Simply, volunteering is something build in some people by nature. There are many who wants to volunteer to help others and spend much time in doing good for needy , and unfortunately there are also a type of people who think about it as a waste of time.
10 December, 2020 at 3:15 pm #28473DUMITRUParticipant
Volunteering is the extension of a passion.
Probably the most beautiful thing specific to volunteering is the fact that you feel that you can make a difference, you can change for the better certain aspects in the life of a person, a group and in general, you increase your self-confidence, you feel more confident about what you can do. In addition, you become more aware of certain social issues in the community and you can become an ambassador for that cause.
Volunteer tourism offers a different perspective on the world: we can have a much more active spiritual life, we can help fight injustice and poverty.
It is inaccessible to those without passion!
14 December, 2020 at 9:56 am #28561DmytroParticipant
Can you define ‘volunteerism’ in your own words?
Volunteerism is the movement of the people who will to work for free to improve the life of community and develop himself.
What are three things someone can learn during a voluntary project?
Soft skills, practical skills, team-work, task management.
Does volunteerism have a touristic dimension? Is this negative and why?
Yes, sometimes. It is not bad once all other tasks and on the way.
In your opinion, does volunteerism contribute to peace? If yes, how?
Sometimes. Local people by observing and interacting to the stranger in community can ruin their xenophobia and become more open minded.
Why is volunteerism unaffordable for some people? How can they get access to these opportunities?
Some volunteer activities are paid. Sometimes the network of volunteer organization is poor in the country, so young people just don’t about this opportunity.
23 December, 2020 at 7:22 pm #28726İdilParticipant
Volunteerism means serving the community without any expectations. Voluntary projects teach people to be creative, patient, intercultural atmosphere, values of life, and leadership skills. If volunteerism happens in a foreign country, it definitely has a touristic dimension and it offers people one of the disciplines: intercultural atmosphere. Volunteerism contributes to peace because it serves for communities’ own good without response. Unfortunately, opportunities for volunteerism are a lack in some countries, also some people only have time for working paid jobs.
27 December, 2020 at 12:51 am #28784Eda ArbilParticipant
What volunteerism means to me is care of others. In a cultural community, people improve themselves, teach others, share something and work for a better world. Volunteerism of course contributes world peace and equality. Every movement is for a better future or better life conditions for anyone.
3 January, 2021 at 4:07 pm #28893Sseguya SadamParticipant
1. working at your on will in the environment to support and share what you know to those you feel need it.
2. Someone gets to understand the different things in life.
Someone gets to learn to create and think way out of the box
Someone gets to explore new ventures in life.
3. Not sure.
4. Yes, it does contributes to peace, through bridging gapes btn different countries more with relations and also the volunteers get to create peace with those they volunteer at or with.
5. Not everyone is aware and also some volunteering services need you to pay in some parts of the world.
7 January, 2021 at 7:42 am #29185MirellaParticipant
1 Apoyar a quien más lo necesita compartiendo nuestras experiencias
2 trabajo en equipo, nuestras fortalezas y debilidades
3 claro que sí, al ser voluntario junto con la organización vamos en busca de quien nos necesita asimismo nos damos con distintas culturas y aprendemos de ellos. No creo que tenga algo se negativo conocer más allá de lo que nos rodea
4 si, creo que al apoyar a otras personas estamos contribuyendo a la paz quizás no del mundo en general pero si la paz de uno mismo al hacerle saber que no están solos que siempre hay alguien en quien apoyarse
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.